The International Language Institute, MD, is authorized under Federal law to enroll individuals with an F-1 student visa as well as other non-immigrant foreign students. For students enrolled in our Intensive English Program (IEP), we can issue the I-20 form. With the I-20 form, you can apply for the F-1 student visa at your local American Consulate or Embassy. F-1 students need to be enrolled in our Intensive English Program (IEP) to maintain their status.
Immigration Information for New Students
If you are a new student applying for an F-1 Visa, please read the Information for Initial I-20 Applicants and our F-1 Visa Application Procedure handout. These documents contain information about
- how to apply for an F-1 visa
- how to get an I-20 form
- understanding changes in the immigration regulations
- immigration documents
- maintaining status
- Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
- information for arriving at a US port of entry
If you are a student who wants to transfer to the International Language Institute, MD, from another school, please read the Information for Transfer Students. Our Transfer In Form can be downloaded below under Forms.
Change of Status
If you need to change your immigration status from another visa to F-1, please read the Information for Change of Status Applicants.
- Online Application
- Paper Application (downloadable PDF format)
- Form I-134 Declaration of Financial Support
- Instructions for Form I-134
- F-1 Student Visa Information & Application Forms by the U.S. Department of State
- DS-160 Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application Form
- Form I-539 Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status
- I-539 Instructions
- I-539 Filing Tips
- Transfer In Form
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read the FAQ for information on F-1 visas.
In the United States, individuals are responsible for paying for their own medical care costs. In general, these costs are very high. To prepare for the financial responsibility of unexpected illness or injury, all international students on F-1 visas at the International Language Institute, MD, should have health insurance. One of the companies offering health insurance for international students is Compass Benefits.